August 4th, 2020
Here's How We are Keeping You Safe
It has been a wild ride since March! Our community has been through a lot and we are all looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. Since reopening our practice on May 11th, we have implemented new processes that are responsible, safe, and simple. We are overwhelmed by the positive reaction of the patients we have treated since we have reopened. We can’t thank you enough for your confidence in bringing your children, kind words and supportive comments once you have seen the systems we have in place.
We want to take this opportunity tell you about the infection control procedures we follow and the extra precautions we are taking to keep patients and staff safe:
- Limited number of patients in the office with proper distancing.
- Outdoor check-in system: A numbered sign is located at each parking spot with a phone # to text upon arrival. Everyone will remain in their cars until a dental assistant does a COVID-19 screening at the car.
- Prior to enter the building, each patient will receive a temperature scan and hand sanitizer.
- All staff members wear appropriate protective gear and undergo an assessment and temperature scan daily.
- All parents and non-patients must stay in their car for the duration of the appointment.
Children who require a companion are still able to have that person accompany them while following our normal protocols, as well as our infection control protocols.
- New patients may have one parent accompany them inside for their first visit but are required to wear their own mask.
- After the visit is complete, an assistant will walk your child(ren) out to the car and the doctor will call to discuss the visit.
- All payments are now contactless and will be collected over the phone or online prior to the visit.
- Additionally, we invested in a new dual function HVAC system that combines UV light and an ionization plasma generator to kill germs, viruses, spores, mold, etc. throughout the building.
July 1st, 2020
We hope you all have a fun and safe Fourth of July! If you are looking for an activity, here's a fun coloring sheet for your children to do at home. Want to show off your creation? Send a picture of your creation to Lauren at Community@Greensboropediatricdentists.com.
Click here for Printable PDF.
May 29th, 2020
At The Greensboro Center for Pediatric Dentistry, our goal is to always provide a positive and FUN experience for our patients. We also know it is also important to have fun at home - so we thought we'd bring you a cool and simple project to do at home.
What we used:
- Plastic Knife and Spoon
- Six Chop sticks (can also use kabob sticks)
- Four Jumbo Marshmallows
- One Rubberband
- Paper (A large piece to keep score and a tiny crumpled piece to be launched)
- Pen or Marker (score keeping + creating score thresholds)
Now what? Once you make your catapult, you can make a kitchen table-friendly game like we did. For the game set up you can set up tape, tent cards, bolws or cups (the cups or bowls will make it aim more challenging for older children). With the points you can challenge your child to keep a running total and practice their algebra skills. The catapult could also be used to play outside with friends or neighbors and do distance contests.
We did not come up wtih this all by ourselves, we found this awesome idea online on a blog called It's Always Autumn where you can click to view the step-by-step directions.
May 4th, 2020
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. With enhanced protection and new protocol, we plan to reopen our practice on Monday, May 11th.
Dentists have been practicing infection control for over 30 years. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We want to tell you more about the infection control procedures we follow and the extra precautions we are taking in our practice to keep patients and staff safe:
- We will be limiting the number of patients in the office and they will be spread out appropriately.
- We have invested in a new feature for our HVAC system throughout the entire building. It is a dual function system that combines a UV light and an ionization plasma generator to kill germs, viruses, spores, mold, etc. We have also added additional air purifiers in each private room
- If you or anyone in your family has flu-like symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath, fatigue, aches/pains, etc.) and/or has been in contact with a person testing positive for COVID-19, PLEASE DO NOT COME TO OUR OFFICE! Simply call and reschedule your appointment.
- After arriving for your appointment, please park in our parking lot and REMAIN IN YOUR CAR. There will be a numbered sign at each parking spot with a phone number to text. Once parked, please text the number on the parking sign with your child’s name and the parking space number. A dental assistant will greet you at your car with a medical release form and will escort your child to the treatment area.
- Each patient will have a temperature scan and use hand sanitizer prior to entering the building. All dental assistants will be wearing appropriate protective gear.
- All parents and non-patients must stay in their car for the duration of the appointment. For patients who must have a companion, please notify us before your appointment. All companions will be required to provide their own mask.
- The waiting room and public play areas will not be used. All toys will be removed and all children will stay in their chair during their appointment. The bathroom will be used for emergencies only.
- At the completion of your child’s appointment, they will be escorted out to the car without stopping at the front desk and without contacting public surfaces. You will then receive a phone call giving you an opportunity to speak to the doctor and schedule additional appointments.
- All payments will be contactless for your own safety. Our office will collect any necessary co-payments via credit card of Paypal when your child’s appointment is scheduled.
We value your trust and loyalty and appreciate your patience with our new protocols. During these uncertain times, we realize that your child’s visits will feel more “matter of fact” than fun and playful. Their dental health and medical safety remain our top priority as we navigate these new challenges. We will continue to show our usual warmth, compassion and technological standards that you have come to expect and appreciate over the last 35 years. Our objective has always been to provide the highest quality pediatric dental care without the kids even knowing!! Hopefully we will soon return to the “Disney World” atmosphere, where kids cry when they have to leave and can’t wait for their next visit.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding our new safety procedures. To make an appointment, please call our office at 336-292-0411 or request an appointment online.